Something you'll never have on your schedule. It will surprise you every time, and even give you a bit if an adrenaline rush.
It happened today, and true to form, it totally surprised me. After lunch I was leaving a building after fixing a printer. I stepped from behind the 6ft retaining wall along side the stairs and saw this thing coming at me. My mind identified the object as a bicycle with curly haired brown rider. I started stepping back, but it was moving too fast. Kaboom, it hit, knocking me backwards onto my hands and then right elbow.
My first thought was "Is the rider all right?". My second thought was am I alright.
As I got back into the car, I started thanking God for keeping me safe. I am thankful that I was not seriously injured.
I've been thinking about the incident and wondering if anyone in my church might have been run over lately. You know what I mean. A well-meaning church member "corrects" some outward "imperfection" of a younger member or even a visitor. Kaboom, the person gets run over. It was not intentional, and probably was true. However, it was not what should have been done at that moment, and probably could have been done a bit more tactfully.
I challenge you to find the "run-over" in your circle of influence and try to mend the wounds. Perhaps, you'll be able to keep another child of God from giving up on Him.
Monday, May 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment