Sunday, May 11, 2008

Strudel...mmm!

Today I had Strudel. Had made by my mother-in-law and her mom, affectionately known to us as Gram. Mom says Gram has more energy. If it had been up to mom, she said, we wouldn't have had Strudel.

Strudel is bread. But it is first stretched into these sheets of very thin dough and then flipped into strands of loose sheets. Very awesome. We had potatoes, diced and boiled and oh was it good. I ate until I was stuffed. It has been a long time since I have had a meal that big.

Why did I enjoy this mothers day? Well, it was all the work the mothers put into a meal. It was the fact that they did what they love to do, take care of their families. It has been a while since I've seem mom laughing and smiling and so relaxed. It has been a while since I've seen mom not cry whenever Brent's name comes up.

No, it was not a grand revelation day, nothing spectacular happened (Except for the Strudel!), but it was a good day!

So, to Mom, who is tough, tender, loving, caring, resilient and most of all, so very giving, Happy mother's day.

No comments: