Monday, April 07, 2008

Eddie

I've had the amazing opportunity to work with Eddie. He's an electrician. He's missing parts of his left hand, I don't know why. Eddie has lost his "Number one Grandson" about a year ago. I happen to like Eddie's son, Doug. Had some dealings with him, and supported him through the rough time of loosing his son. Eddie and I shared a moment after he told me about loosing his Grandson. Eddie rolled up his sleeve, and there on his right bicep, in tattoo ink, was the face of his grand son. As Eddie rolled up his sleeve, he said to me, "I even keep him right here." Somehow, I admire Eddie. So proud of his grandson, that he engraved him forever on his arm. Tell me you would have the guts to do that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating tattoos, but tell me you'd have the guts to make a permanent, always there reminder/memorial of someone who has passed away.

Makes me think of another man who had some engraving done on his hands. He made the ultimate choice to die in my place. He engraved me on the palms of his hands. His name was Jesus. I can imagine one day in heaven, if you ask Jesus what's that scar in his hand, He'll hold up his hand and say, "I even keep him right here." You know, Jesus has you there too.

Yep, I admire Eddie. In fact, after loosing my brother-in-law, I think I like Eddie even more. I also admire Jesus, and love him so very much. So, I'm keeping Brent's car. I'm driving Brent's car. Sure it will hurt at times, sure I will remember, but isn't that the point? I'm keeping Brent's car as a memory of him. I'm going to get past the hurt and maybe I'll even consider a tattoo.

No comments: