Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Working on Denial

Today I saw first hand what is a "Denial of Service" attack. Basically, the attack starts very small, with just a couple of hosts openning network connections to a server. As the attach prograsses, the volume of the connections climbs and the volume of hosts joining the attack grows. What I saw today was a number close to 24,000 connections per second to one webserver. It made the entire network act like it was in slow motion.

This got me to thinking about the "Denial of Service" attacks we see each day on a spiritual level. Have you ever noticed that they start small, and grow slowly. Before you know what has happened, you are wondering just why life has slowed to a crawl. You find that you can't make any spiritual headway.

Today, I made a phone call to get some help. The solution was simple. Limit the number of connection going to that server.

Same thing with us. We have a source of help available to us that we need to tap into. When you make that phone call, you don't have to wait, you don't get put on hold. You're immediatly connected to the ultimate source of power in dealing with our enemy. Now in case you think that you can make a difference in this area, you need to realize that against our enemy you're totally out numbered and out maneuvered. However, the one thing you can do is make a choice. You can say "I choose".

No comments: